Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Seriously

I think I am incapable of serious posts in the summer. I just got back from Italy, so maybe I just haven't had the time to write anything serious, but it surprises me that I don't have much discipline for serious writing during the summer. Serious thoughts maybe, but forming those thoughts into a coherently organized blogpost is a different matter. I am too fickle, flighty, and fidgety when I am on vacation. (For example, I started this post a week ago and stopped, until now, where I placed the *) It is the same with books. I don't know how many times this summer I have started a book, read * 20 pages, and then put it down to read something else, because I have so many options and I just can't choose.

I wanted to turn this into some serious musing, but my thoughts are racing in a thousand happy directions instead of staying focused.

Since summer is difficult intellectually, I've decided I might post slightly more casual things. I absolutely promise that I won't post egocentric rants about my feelings that no one can relate to or enjoy. I'll try my best keep things interesting and relevant. They just might be a bit less pedantic.

1 comment: