Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Typical Car Ride

I don't usually post personal posts, but I thought I'd let you all see what a typical car ride is like with my siblings, through various snippets.

There was this one month where we saw road kill every single day on Freedom Boulevard. And every single day, my sister would make up a song. The best one was the one sung to the tune of "This train is bound for glory, this train." It was "This car is bound for your body, this car."
.......................
Stuart: MOM JUST ATE A COW! She opened her mouth and swallowed it in one gulp! SHE ATE A COW!!! (Apparently while my mom was talking, we had passed by a cow on a hillside at the perfect moment).
Sophia: Well, I'm gonna eat the cars. Opens mouth and makes chomping noises each time a car passes
Mom: You guys are acting like three year olds.
........................
Mom: That bus is going so slow, we're crawling. We'll never get there at this rate
Sophia: Well it takes a while for a THREE-YEAR-OLD to CRAWL 26 miles! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
.......................
Mom: Sophia, some day you are going to have to learn some discretion.
Sophia: That bus has a lot of discretion. It is a very discret-ful bus.
.......................
Stuart: There is this annoying kid at school who always says "Yes, ma'am" to me.
Sophia: But you're a boy
Stuart: Yeah, and he says it anyway!
Sophia: That's harassment! You should report him to the administration and they would have him persecuted.
Serena: I think you mean prosecuted
Sophia: No, persecuted.
Serena: But persecuted is...
(trying to figure out how to explain the difference) really bad.
Sophia: Yeah, they should do something really bad to him.
Serena: No, it's like when they persecuted Christians in Rome. They would stone them or feed them to the lions.
Sophia: I know. He should be persecuted. I would throw stones at him.
Serena: But... um... prosecute is still what you mean. Like in a courtroom.
Stuart: OH! Like a prosecute attorney! And a defense attorney!
Serena: Yes. Stuart's got it. See Sophia?
Sophia: He should be stoned.

3 comments:

  1. haha, I read this in spanish today but I didn't get to comment until now. Ah, this made me laugh out loud, conversations with your siblings sound hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are pretty much awesome... i love my siblings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He should be stoned." hahahaha xD I love Sophia. I think maybe I love her more than you because she shares my taste in music :D haha jk jk. Tell her we still have to do our JELLO FEST! Well, on second thought, I'll just tell you all this when you come over tonight, cuz you probably won't read this until tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete